Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Friday, May 25, 2018

It's been a hard days light.. and I've been working like a dog..

Another full yard day. In the AM hours while the day was cool and shade was good got the front yards, garden walks, and finally the old orchard was dry enough to mow today. Then stowed the mower to let the ole gal rest.. trying to eek out as much of the mower deck belt as I can- not the cost so much but dropping the deck and working off an old belt and the new one on is.. painful, lol.

Then into shade time.. made a new compost bin cage today in the shade on the driveway. Cut a pair of 17 squares/3ft panels off the 6' wide welded fence and then stitched the panels together in a round- First cage I did was square, and took 8 posts. Round configuration only takes 6 posts. Dropped that onto the west end of the north fenceline to start filling up. And weeding out the asparagus bed, garlic bed, and perennial bed sections dumped a goodly amount of weeds into the bottom of the new bin.

The asparagus bed..  I could tell where the wet or shade vs dry and dead areas under the solarizing plastic was. After weeding out, I laid the clear plastic and boards right down again. The front edge I will fill in with more resina calendula.
But the rest of the bed I'm caging in a bit and planning on cleaning out the stable stalls of their poop and straw into the bed... then letting it cook in for a year with dead leaves and good grass mowing.

Up in the morning is another round of mowing.. then a visit with my mum :) I love that woman. Then into the later afternoon hours will be rounds of yard again.

And ooohhh spooky 13 :) over the last couple days...

My free dozen daylilies from GH Wild turned out to be more like 39 daylilies and 3 hostas so far.... I counted 38 nibs with good roots at first and quick planned 3 shallow blue bins from my anticipated 1 bin of most places stuff...
But when dropping in roots to the 3 bins, turned out each one of them was 13.

In the shuffle, needed to move the candy lilies to other bins, and opted to pluck them into 3 bins on the kennel porch. I grew these from seed last year and need to dig up gardening notes. But I had 13 double fan clusters ..

I joked around with my love.. but then today I was on my garden plans.. I had three unopened packs of garden stakes of four each... and one random loose stake. To total 13. I use even amounts of stakes, and hunted high and low.

Anywho.. my fingers hurt from digging up the beds.. and dinner making time is nigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment