Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Great weather.. so much gardening

Haven't posted in weeks, been really busy and just not feeling like writing about stuff.

Since I last wrote at the end of April.. My love and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary! We got to celebrate my brothers birthday, and see mom and sis and their new digs which are very cute :) We are in relatively good health.
Public parks are going smoothly, almost. Getting a lot of new stuff like grills and garbage cans, new playground equipment at one park... Mama N was nice and restored the beach at one park, but took away the beach at another park.

Weather has been so fine all the tomatoes and peppers I coddled along have long been put into the raised beds or containers. Cept for one sad spare Fred that got decapitated on a windy day and has been making a slow recovery on the porch, lol.

And the garden scramble is on... the stableyard almost ate my lawnmower, and I have a sucktacular amount of dock growing in amongst the almost natural river, sigh....  and the riding ring is rather soggy. The neighbors haven't done a jot to start cleaning up the stable, but I'm about to start moving in anyway.
Mowing seriously needs to be done.. it was wet enough long enough that I finally got most of what is mostly dry done- and it already needs mowing while the wet stuff is almost dry enough to mow.

The first composting bin is finally full to the top! Or at least it is enough for now that I need to start setting up more bins.. good thing I already picked up the mesh for it. The kennel beds are fully cleaned out and planted in... resina calendula and scented geraniums around the borders, true red cranberry, yard long asparagus beans, Edens gem, rich sweetness, and golden midget melons, marketmore cukes and Mexican sour gherkins, sunset runner beans to mix in with the sweet peas on the porch trellis.... hops are looking mighty hoppy, lol.
Astra zukes and dill are filling the spot that was left empty in the raised bed when a particular tomato didn't sprout.. I was a good kid and not tempted to overdo the tomatoes this year.

The solarium surround is getting worked on, got lots of bulbs to go in. Got a bunch of free windows to play with for making a greenhouse out back. Been working with my buddy that runs the local bead and plant shop with more work coming up.

Been working on stuff for Fortunes Turning and various Nightvale and Summerdale action....

Just gosh... and now I gotta bail off and get cleaned up to go to a meeting about our local cemeteries...

I really need to take some pics to post of everything, lol :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment