Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Monday, February 9, 2015

Getting a bit of sun :)

The weather has been pretty nice for the last few days thankfully enough. Better temps and sun mean less complaining about the snow- and better driving conditions.

So, had my first week of work, and it was pretty good. I'm starting to figure stuff out at least. I'm really hopeful that I'm doing well enough that when my 30 day review comes up I actually get my first raise, though I have no idea how much it will be. And shit, being at work are the happiest hours of my days right now, so that's a bennie too.

Otherwise, things have been pretty mellow around here. Went grocery shopping the other day, and that was expensive as fuck. Paying for two households of goods is really eating at any budget we have. Hopefully I will be able to pay some bills, sigh. But on the bright side, all the taxes have been paid, so don't have to worry about that till next fall.

I have been getting some planting done. A lot of wintersowing- evening primrose, wildflower mixes, columbines, morning glories, black eyed susans, nigella AKA love in a mist, a super heap of different lavenders.. and some indoor sowing as well- basil, flat leaf parsley, apple mint, bunching onion, and chives. And I started out a small flat of a couple kinds of rose seed to stratify in the solarium. And squee with joy, the first of my asparagus seedlings are popping up!! I'm hoping out of 54 tubes planted to get at least a dozen seedlings, asparagus is notoriously bad about starting from seed. I think these will end up going into a bank on the back 40 somewhere rather than trying to deal with starting up a bed up front this year. That will have to wait for another year when finances are better.
And fucking eh I'm dying for spring to show up so I can start getting some produce going on- shit's expensive as hell.

On a down front... not a single item has sold so far in my etsy shop. Super bummer. I get views and even some likes, but no one is buying. I need to put some more stuff up and just keep hoping.
And another bummer- the GW switched to a new thing today, and it kind of sucks. Ok, let me amend that to it totally sucks. But I guess I will get used to it sooner or later- it still is one of the best garden resources out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment