Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A long hiatus...

A lot has been going on around here... I stopped posting once Pooks died because I just didn't have the heart to say anything.
We lost him a month ago now, and he's cuddled up with Moon now. I bet she pounced on him with a "Where were you?" as soon as the moon rose. See, he passed overnight during his one night, the full dark of the moon. First light was the night we laid him to rest.
I'm planning on planting his grave with breadseed poppies... fitting I think.
This wound is raw and sore... I miss my Big Fat Pooks, my undulating coco noir kitty. My big nudger...
So I just can't post without saying this first... and I do him no justice by not saying anything before now.


But it is time to post again... The gardens aren't doing well. I haven't had time or the willing effort to do anything due to the job. After cooking and busting my butt all day at the garden center, I just got nothing. And we haven't gotten rain, and we seriously need rain... and jeez for a few days of rain please!!
But been planting in stuff, and seeing some stuff grow nice- other stuff die off.
The yard itself is beautiful, my sister has been busting her ass out there all summer, and it's been greatly appreciated and a huge amount of work off my back. Honestly, she's taken on a lot around here with me working so much.. I don't know what I would do without my family.
Also, now that annual season is over, my hours are scaling back, and I'm finally part time. So now I have time for more attendance to the gardens, yay!

I don't really have much to say, but I needed to break the ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment