Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

And the color changing has begun.. and done- almost

Well, it's been a bit since I've posted.
Over the last couple weeks I've gotten all the garden stuff tucked up. The beds are done for everything but some final leaf raking over a few spots. The outdoor pots are in their spots and under leaves.. the last of the Beer Garden radishes and nasturtium seeds have been picked. 
 Been getting the house winterized, capping off windows and such. The weather has been nicely in the 40's and up till now- we got our first real frost this morning, and 30's with snow predicted for tomorrow. Yuck, snow.
We were told we are able to keep the freezer and dryer action till spring, which is really nice. I've picked up some stuff for the winter. The cleanout frenzy was kind of nice though, really made me rotate through stuff and such. Picked up a turkey today- 68 cents a pound at Hardings. Bet Meijer will have them for cheaper soon, but I wanted to just get the bird and not wait and see what Meijer might have.

Reworked the village. Started tearing down what I had up of Halloween pretty much the day after Halloween... I just wasn't into it and satisfied with the spooky this year. meh. I have enjoyed setting up a more autumnal village though, almost done with it cept for some finishing touches. Living room is nice and cleaned up, all the stuff put away.

No comments:

Post a Comment