Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Time for some mini's

Been a while since I've posted anything. House has been quiet, not much going on. Winter is well and truly here. Amusingly enough, I still have yellow mums blooming in the solarium.

For weeks now most of my time has been in creating minis. My arm still isn't up to snuff for some of the more regular winter labors, but it's working well enough for this. And I've been feeling the creativity flowing, so I work it when I got it, right? 

Been collecting and watching tutorials, pinning a crapton of stuff on pintrest for a while now. Ebay and Etsy have been great sources of inspirations. But whew boy a lot of the little foods and detailings like that are frigging expensive!!! I mean seriously, I pay about 20 bucks max for large buildings that I can't make myself, and someone wants 15 bucks for a couple little pies? Nuh-uh. Some of these miniatures are absolutely breathtaking, but I just can't justify shelling out like that when I can make it myself. And I also have a lot of difficulty finding these on a small enough scale- most stops at 1:12, and I need more like 1:16. So a small dish in 1:12 is a serving dish to my scale. 
Anywho, been making stuff :) I'm going to post a couple posts about this, since they are going to be photo-heavy.

So some of my completed projects first....
 Cheeseboard, this is on a 1inch square board. A variety of cheeses, meats, and olives.

 Another pic of the same board, from a different angle to show all the goodies on it.

 Another 1 inch board, this one has roast beef and swiss with muststard sandwiches being made on it.

 A tasty platter of fish.
 A large bowl of salad with cold meats and eggs, and a Hawaiian bowl of meat and such.

 Fresh sliced lemons.

 A couple griddles of breakfast and lunch offerings with a bowl of broccoli crowns.

 Some various stew bowls and one pot eats.

 A variety of tortes.

 The new bakery stand full of sweets with some savory and "unfinished" pies in the foreground.

 A closeup of the bottom row. Boards of little sweets and toasts with fresh fruits and jellies. Pies of various sorts.

 Top of the bakery stand, with several more pies.

 The new sausage display. I has already had most of the meats made from a few months back, and needed a display for them all :)

 A closeup of a couple of the roasts, buckets of olives, and bins of fish and sausage.

 A spice stall, with hanging scale and full of various real spices.

The other end of the stall. 
 
Detail of stall.
 Middle of the stall.

Counter end of the stall.

Apparently I didn't take pics of the fabric rolls and new cutting table I made. Ah well, that can be for another time. So these are some of the mini's I've been making to go into Fortunes Turning.

I'm going to make another post now, which gets into things like the scales of things, and the materials I've been using to make this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment