Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Catching rain while we can...

Been decanting rain water into various jugs, tubs, and barrel today. It's that time of the year where it's gone from too much rain and remove watering trays because stuff is drowning to needing watering trays to hold the water up in the pots that need it daily.
Figure right now we got 200 gallons of decanted storage, and about 350 gallons of catch storage. Only drained part of the big 275 gallon tank today once I was done with the smaller tanks.

A total of 550 gallons of garden water once it is maxed out. And we could still set up another 275 out of the back of the house... and now I'm planning on moving gardens into the stableyard and that building will be doing some of it's own harvesting. I think I need to keep my eye out for another big tank or two for such storage.

We had a good rain cell last night- had a boom and flash so close was sure we would lose power, but we didn't. But now we are hot, sunny, and dry till late next week. I'll likely blow through quite a bit of what's still in the 275 tank before next rain to start filling stuff back up again. 

Most of the gallons and up plants are good- some of the smaller pots are off and on- I did catch those in time with watering trays. My small cells of herbs are toast.

It was indeed a wonderful weekend away for the 4th :) A rare true weekend off and away for both of us. We left the house in good hands and under excellent camera surveillance. Unplugged of any shit, and just hung out with most of my family, and a heap of our friends..
Got to hang out with my whole family- mom and siblings, my nephew after decades of not, and his new baby.. fucking trip.
Went to faire, and I dressed up as "that mundane" because of a lot of ugh in the dressing up in the ren garb department.

Got many excellent hair goodies- Thank you to...
Kimi Hawkins Roadhouse Adventures: My new barrette that is carved up with flowers and even in my fine hair hold in really, really well for the weight of it.
Rebecca O’Keefe Twisted Spiders: I was thrilled to get a new spider of orange and goldstone to add to my collection after a while. Even more squee was being able to add a tigers-eye hair clip spider!
Finally found my first Grichels to wear in my hair. He is wonderful :)
Brenda Mennenger Brazin’ Lady Torchworks: Wore one of my two new pieces to work yesterday, and I swear it brought good hair mojo on.
There was really, really tempting bee jewelry out of Pendragon and this metal dipped lost wax of another shop that I was in love with several pieces of. But if I had gotten that honeycomb bit, I couldn't have gotten the barrette piece. I also rather fancied one of the capelettes from the newer cape/cloak maker, but just didn't get around to that a second time after picking up the hair pieces that was my prime goal.


Gots extra squee of some Halloween goodies and a candle shop for the village... More mom sweater action than I thought- fuck my orange and brown striped one is awesome, and now I got a nice light blue ribbed one and an excellent dicky.
But damn yeah, got an instant pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment