Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Keeping this year rolling..

Monday, 27th..

Tonights dinner is Greek style baked cod with dilled brown basmati rice and a salad of red onion, tomatoes, and radishes tossed with fresh spinach... a bit a bread and dipping oil and some feta cheese, mmmmm...

Did a dredge of 1/2c flour with a teaspoon each of coriander, paprika, cumin, and salt. Half teaspoon black pepper. Those got quick pan fried for some color. Then I killed the heat on the pan and layered in a sliced up yellow onion. On top of the onion I parked the cod.
For a top dressing I did juice of a lemon, a few tablespoons olive oil, and a good bit each of oregano, thyme, basil, and dill. Oh, and dry minced garlic and a couple soonfulls of capers.
Then I finished baking them off in a 400 degree oven for 10ish minutes.

Wed....
Last night was fried food from the freezer. Breaded chicken strips, steak fries, and southwest style egg rolls. I wanted to try out something called comeback sauce. It was pretty good. Made a half recipe, which was plenty. Used Franks and some Cholula, but I would bump up the heat a bit next time and maybe add a bit of lemon.

  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 tablespoon hot sauce (like Texas Pete)
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Also used up some of those sweet and sour packets- I hit it hard with a sweet and spicy mix and a splash of pineapple vinegar to ommph the sour a bit. Very good.
I did have something healthy there... steamed up a bunch of green beans in a little ham stock, seasoned with fondor and garlic ghetti.

Tonight I'm making mom's peppersteak. Beef, onion, tomatoes, green peppers, and mushroom in a brown sauce over plain white rice. The leftover dilled rice from the other night wouldn't work so well with this but does freeze up well for another nights dinner :)

Today while out and about I hit the library and they had a whole stack of free house and gardening mags... so now I'm going through looking for the recipe sections and good advice, lol.
After that whole wrecking my foot and being off and eating crap since October... I'm tired of it, and bored with my cooking and packaged foods. Figured if I at least keep writing stuff down here I can keep a bit better track, right? 

Since the microgreens are pretty much all eaten up at this point and I need to start more... I started a pot each of parsley, dill, and basil. Microgreens are a try-again for me this year, I've had problems with indoor winter greens in the past. Turned out it was because I was using the wrong seeds! I was choosing stuff that started slow instead of stuff that started fast. Now I know better :) So far I think the best ones have been corn shoots and red clover, but the pak choi and chinese cabbage have been really good too.
I ended up ordering a bit of bulk sprouting seed from Johnny's- a pea and a mixed nast. Good stuff there. I'll probably be starting up those along with some other seed for another round of microgreens in a day or two. By the time these ones are ready to start harvesting it will be just about time for me to be starting other exciting garden seed

12 comments:

  1. amazing blog
    https://helpdeskminority.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
    buy magic mushrooms online

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to discuss that, I feel strongly about this and so really like getting to know more on this kind of field. Do you mind updating your blog post with additional insight? It should be really useful for all of us.
    stiiizy pods

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Magic mushrooms center. Here you can buy magic mushrooms and stand the chance of 100% guaranteed delivery. Moreover, you can get the best quality magic mushrooms of different types. Our main motive is to prevent the hazards from buying shrooms from the street. We have the best supply of magic mushrooms in the market like Liberty caps, Psilocybe cyanescens, Psilocybe Mexicana,penis envy and many more. Feel free to contact us for more inquiries.Buy magic mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  5. What i do not realize is actually how you’re not really much more well-liked than you might be right now. You are so intelligent. You realize thus considerably relating to this subject, made me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it’s one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs nice. Always maintain it up!beeg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am often to blogging and that i actually appreciate your posts. This article has truly peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your internet site and keep checking for first time data
    weed online uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dynamic Health Care products offer Sea moss which are spiny sea vegetable that’s primarily harvested for use in health supplements and as a thickening ingredient in commercial foods.
    If you’ve heard about sea moss supplements, you may wonder how you could use them and whether there are other ways to consume sea moss. For more information on our products you can visit our website by clicking the link Dyanmic Health Care Products

    sea moss near me
    How to make sea moss gel
    How to use sea moss gel
    How long does sea moss gel last
    Purple sea moss
    sea moss and bladderwrack
    Where to buy sea moss
    Sea moss capsules
    Where to buy sea moss

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some great tools that i definitely use for SEO work. This is a great list to use in the future..
    buy psilocybin pills

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    zombie sticks uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information... Best Keyword Research

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for providing such a great article, this article is very help full for me, a lot of thanks,
    Top Web Development Companies

    Digital Marketing Agency Near Me

    ReplyDelete