Welcome to Growbox Hill

Welcome to Growbox Hill
Welcome to Growbox HIll!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Owls in the yard

Just had a magnificent Barred owl land on a branch of the maple outside my office window. He stuck around long enough for me to go grab my love so he could take a look at it too!!
Sadly, when I went to grab my camera to take a shot, I discovered the battery was dead. Sometimes the wonders of Mama N are just to be experienced instead of recorded.

So now we have confirmed Great Horned and Barred owls here, how much does that rock? Ha, now I just need to see what it is that screeches out there so I can identify it. I'm not sure if it's a raptor of some sort, or a barn owl type of screech. 

The bluejays have been out recently too showing off their lovely plumage. And the chickadees, so cute!!
Unfortunately, I haven't seen Tippy in a while :(

For other critters we love... Ocelot. Been keeping an eye on her, and she is eating and drinking normally. I'm still worried about her and keeping an eye on her. She's not acting much differently, so I'm hoping that my coddling and pumping up the liquid availability is doing the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment